Permission to practise a non-medical profession in the Czech Republic authorized by the Ministry of
Recognition of the qualifications of medical professions
For the recognition of the qualifications of medical staff who received their training in the EU: (available only in Czech)
For the recognition of the qualifications of medical staff who received their training outside the EU: (available only in Czech)
The following documents need to be attached to the application for recognition of education:
- officially certified translated copy of the document proving the professional competence to perform medical profession or to perform activities related to the provision of health care such as a certificate, diploma, etc. (translation is not required for the documents issued in Slovak language);
- original or officially certified copy of confirmation of performance of medical profession - can be replaced by a certified copy of the documents of starting and terminating employment, such as employment contract, termination agreement, etc.;
- original or officially certified copy of medical competence - must not be older than 3 months when submitting;
- original or officially certified copy of the document of integrity - must not be older than 3 months when submitting;
- payment proof of an administrative fee of CZK 2,000 (either stamp or bank transfer);
- officially certified translated copies of the document on achieved education, i.e. the content, extent and duration of education and training (the content of education and training means the theoretical and practical areas that were the parts of education and training);
- a simple copy of the identity document;
- a simple copy of the marriage certificate or an equivalent document issued by the home country (only in case of changing the surname).
All the above documents must be provided in Czech language or, if necessary, an officially certified translation, that is a translation by an interpreter registered in the list of experts and interpreters according to the Act No. 36/1967 Coll., on Experts and Interpreters, as amended must be submitted.
The applicant must pass the verification of knowledge of Czech language in accordance with § 82 of the Act No. 96/2004 Coll. or according to the Decree No. 189/2009 Coll.
Recognition of competence to practice medical profession is tied to successfully passed approval test. The main preconditions for recognition are: proved professional knowledge, knowledge of Czech language, integrity and medical fitness.